It is official, summer has come and gone and people are starting to gear up for the busiest and happiest time of the year… National Punctuation Day you say? The holiday season! As far as business is concerned, we all know this is a period of great potential. Consumer spending is up and is predicted to increase this holiday season. People who were waiting to place their order now WANT to buy. Even better? There is a growing demand for personalized gifts. This is great news for photographers!
Here at Digilabs Pro, the holiday season has been in full swing for months. We are ready to go and can’t wait to help you this season. Our first stop? Holiday product and marketing ideas!
Have other inspirational holiday ideas? Share them in our comments section. There is a possibility we will share your great tips (and give you credit of course) on our social networks and/or blog.
‘Tis the season! You would be surprised at the number of photographers we talk to every day that forget to offer this basic product to their customers. Now is the time to contact your 2010 clients and offer them an irresistible promotion their holiday greeting cards. Remember, these are greeting cards that are:
- Professional quality
- Something they cannot get at a local store
- Printed by professional equipment
- Include envelopes
- Are completely customizable
The most convenient way to offer holiday cards is to add this product in your online galleries AND create a promotional template email. Some of our more successful studios offer a promotion where they offer family sessions that include one FREE box of holiday cards. It is very successful because:
1. People like the idea of getting a free gift
2. Usually people need much more than one box
3. It induces trial and because of their wonderful experience with you, they’ll be encouraged to order more
One of our other popular holiday gifts is our customized photo calendars. Our more successful studios use them to:
a. Sell to clients – include client images, custom dates, etc.
b. Send as gifts to clients and other vendors – include a variety of client images, include contact information, use as marketing material
Personally, this is my go to gift every year. Last year I decided to get creative and try something new, and I’ll just say that I paid heavily.
The best thing about a personalized calendar? It’s not only practical but it is a great marketing tool. Calendars hang in a families’ house all 12 months of the year and are usually centrally located. This is priceless marketing real estate! Guests, friends, family, and neighbors are sure to see your wonderful images. Marketing is all about creativity and do we see some amazingly artistic calendars come through this time of year!
Another popular holiday gift idea is the coffee table book. This product is a gift that allows your customers’ memories to last a lifetime. The little 5×5 brag books make great stocking stuffers but are also great gifts for your clients. Who wouldn’t love that? Books are great viral marketing tools – imagine your client at lunch with their girlfriends, pulling out their brag book to share with everyone. Your studio branded photo book is now in the hands of potential clients!
The nice thing about the DigiLabs Pro software is that it makes designing your book breeze. You can use our wizard and have your book created in seconds or you can create your own masterpiece with our exclusive backgrounds, image borders and design tools.
Selling Solutions – Jingle, Jingle
Now that you have the perfect products, how do you sell them? The best way is to include the products in your gallery and send out a custom email to your customers. Here is what you do:
1. DigiLabs lets you extend all of your galleries for FREE in the months of November and December. Learn how to extend your galleries.
2. Add any products that you’d like to sell for the holidays.
Suggestion: Make sure you have cards, calendars, and coffee table books for sale. To add simply click on “E-Commerce” in your admin page. Click on the “Edit” button for the pricelist that you would like change. Single Photo Products” for products that are related to a single image (i.e. greeting cards or gallery wraps). “Custom Non Single Photo Products” are products that include multiple images. (i.e. calendars, gift certificates, coffee table books, etc.) For the multi image products, you can add your own image to market and give your customer a better idea of the product they will be receiving. Take a look at our sample gallery to see how it looks.
3. Next create your holiday promotion. Visit the “Discounts and Credits” area in your admin to set up your holiday promotion. The tool is robust – so it is easy to get your marketing idea off the ground. Offer percentage discounts, flat amount off, minimum order sizes, etc. You can even create coupon codes.
4. Now that you have everything set up and ready, let everyone know! Use the “Gallery Marketing” button in your administration page, to export the emails of all visitors to the gallery. Create your list and get ready to….
5. Create your email. Need some inspiration? We’ve included a cool holiday template below but here is another great example of a holiday promotional email. Use your normal carrier or you can use a template based service such as Constant Contact, Mad Mimi or Vertcial Response to create your email.
And you are done! Once you have your holiday marketing ideas set up, you just have to wait to see your holiday orders start rolling in.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please call us at 866-344-4522. Good luck this holiday season and let us know if we can help! Our goal is to save you time so you can get out there and do what you love.
If you have any other inspirational ideas, feel free to leave a comment below.